Sunday 9 September 2012




I want to start this week with a blog about gratitude.  After last week, which can only be described as “horrid” we are moving forward.  I will never understand why we have to be dealt so many challenges in a short time, instead of karma giving you one or two challenges a week. We glided into Secretaries Day week with relative ease, we are always prepared to work long hours and expect a hectic day. True to form the orders started to pour in on Tuesday and after finishing very late on Tuesday night we were good to go. At this point the details get a bit blurred, windows froze on my laptop, the backup didn’t work, our delivery van broke down, the laptop got hit by lightning , the vehicle took a day longer to fix than quoted and one of my precious staff member got arrested in error by a couple of over enthusiastic police officers. Yes this all took place in four days. Why you might ask am I filled with gratitude, well that’s easy, in time we will fix all of the above.  I started last week by watching an interview with Joost Van Der Westhuizen last Sunday night, and although not a fan due to his extra mural activities I was blown away by his positive attitude and fight for life in the face of real adversity. Life happens and although tough to understand at times it really is the way we respond to what happens that will determine our future.

This week we have a whole lot to be grateful for. My interview for the Small Business Awards in this morning at 8:45am, hold thumbs. I’m fully prepared; if I can talk about any subject at length it’s my business. I’m so passionate about our company and industry and have so many dreams that will be fulfilled in time. My only concern is that they have allocated us only 2 minutes with each of the 5 judges, how are they going to shut me up? Tuesday night is the gala dinner where the winner and two runners up will be announced. This whole experience has been invaluable to our business and has opened up so many opportunities going forward. It is wonderful to read all the comments our clients and friends have posted on the 702 website (only able to view from a smartphone) for this I am so grateful.

I hope your week is filled with many blessings I know for sure mine will be. Follow us on Facebook for a week of Gratitude.

Written by Jackie West-Evans owner of Country Flowers “Living My Dream”

No comments:

Post a Comment